Hey, guys! Today I am sharing my essential groceries when I go shopping!
I love being healthy, and I try to stick to a pretty reasonable budget, so I thought it would be cool to share the groceries I consistently buy every week! I’m no chef, and I am definitely not patient, so most of these ingredients produce quick, healthy, and easily prepared meals!
I don’t buy any chips/ unhealthy snacks because I have zero self-control and I WOULD eat them if I know they’re in the house! I treat myself enough by going out to eat with friends, so I’m not restricting myself too much by not buying snacks; I am just not going over-board! If I want a snack I eat something clean and healthy like a smoothie! I definitely am more of a “6 small meals” person than a 3 meals with snacks in between, which is the opposite of how I used to be!
*I am not a nutritionist or a dietician by any means, but I LOVE eating healthy and sharing my healthy meals, and I have done a lot of research/ learning over the years, so I thought it would be fun to share my grocery list!
- – G R O C E R Y L I S T –
– Eggs – I eat eggs in any form at least once a day! I love how many things eggs can do, it makes me never get bored of them! I love hard boiled, scrambled, fried, omelets, egg salad, there are so many ways to eat eggs!
– Almond milk – I don’t drink regular milk because it grosses me out (yes I know ice cream and cheese are the same things but they are different somehow, lol). Instead, I use almond milk for everything!
– Uncle ben’s 90 second Read Rice – This rice is a GAME CHANGER for people like me who like to be healthy but also don’t love cooking. I love rice but I hatee waiting 20-40 minutes for the rice to actually cook. With this rice, you put it in the microwave for 90 seconds and it’s ready to go! I usually only buy the brown rice or the jasmine rice because they have no extra ingredients so they’re still healthy. I add olive oil and Himalayan sea salt. #NotanAd
– Natural peanut butter- Toast, smoothies, oats, Peanut butter is a MUST for me!
– Oats – Raw oats for oatmeal or overnight oats!
– Walnuts – I add walnuts to salad, oatmeal, or just eat a handful as a quick snack as I’m walking out the door
-Hummus – Hummus is delicious and It’s a pretty consistent snack that I buy every week. I cut up a bunch of cucumber slices so it’s easy to eat whenever. I also eat hummus with carrots, or I add it to Buddha bowls!
-Flavored seltzers – I LOVE flavored seltzers. My favorite flavors are vanilla, lemon, and orange-vanilla. They have 0 calories, 0 sweeteners, 0 everything! These are a must-have for me!
- – P R O D U C E –
– Avocados – Avocados because I can eat them with anything, anywhere, anytime! This is my Number 1 essential!
– Lemons- I use lemons as a dressing for salads, Buddha bowls, and I put them in my water. Lemons add so much to random recipes, so I love having them around.
– Bananas – Bananas are great for breakfast, toast, oatmeal, smoothies, or as a snack when you’re walking out the door! I love bananas and I feel lost when I run out of them.
– Strawberries – I love having strawberries because they are one of my favorite fruits and because I love making avocado-strawberry toast, peanut butter and strawberry sandwiches ( a healthier twist on pb&j), and I add them to oats!
– Arugula – I use arugula instead of lettuce.
- – Cucumbers – I usually have cucumbers to cut up for hummus.
-Carrots – I use carrots in Buddha bowls, and for hummus! I also love roasted carrots for dinner.
– Sprouts – I buy sprouts as an extra health boost for my Buddha bowls. I can usually only find them at Whole Foods.
- – F R O Z E N –
-Frozen pepper strips- I buy store brand frozen pepper strips EVERY time I go shopping because you can do so much with them! I like to add them to breakfast omelets, stir fry, fajitas, rice, basically anything. I use these so much and they are so cheap because they’re frozen!
-Frozen broccoli- I always rebuy frozen broccoli because sometimes for lunch I just eat a bowl of broccoli with olive oil and seasoning! It’s also a nice side with dinner. Cheap & incredibly easy to cook!
– Frozen peas – nice side, goes well with rice.
– Frozen berry mix – Frozen berries are perfect for smoothies!
– Morningstar veggie bacon – I eat this probably every other day with a fried egg and avocado toast as a sandwich. The secret is to burn it a little bit and it tastes just like regular bacon! It adds so much to the breakfast sandwich so this is a STAPLE.
-Ezekiel – Ezekiel bread is stored in the freezer because it has only natural ingredients so it goes bad QUICK. I store mine in the refrigerator once I bring it home. It’s a little pricey for bread but I enjoy eating healthy so I don’t mind the extra cost! It’s definitely not essential though.
- – E X T R A S-
- *all of these things are a little expensive, but they are one time buys that last a long time and add extra nutrients to foods!
- – Chia seeds- I either add these to smoothies or oats, or I sprinkle the seeds on toast! They are tiny little seeds that add a boost of nutrients! They are tasteless, but you better check your teeth after you eat them!
- – Spirulina – This is a super concentrated green colored powder protein/ superfood. I add this to smoothies
- – Pumpkin seeds – pumpkin seeds are healthy seeds that I saw a health food place add to Buddha bowls, so I started adding it to Buddha bowls/salads. One time I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip flops, so I bought army pants and flip flops.
– Chick peas – I buy canned chickpeas and I roast them in a frying pan and add them to burrito bowls, Buddha bowls
– Halo Top ice cream – I don’t always buy this, but it’s only 290 calories a pint, and the flavors taste pretty good, so it’s nice to have around!! My fave flavor is mint chip!
Thanks for reading my boring grocery list! lol